Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Cover(s)!!

So, as you may have heard from Jake, our book is officially finished!
It's at press right now (as you read--cool, huh?), and should be ready in under a week. We're pretty thrilled.
At the risk of being totally redundant, I will shamelessly promote our book here, too. It's called PEEP SHOW (not because of the cabaret scenes in the comics--of which there are none), but because it is a comic sampler, with two--count 'em--two comics!
We're taking the books to International Comic-Con in San Diego in a couple of weeks, where we're selling them out of our backpacks, since the con didn't want to give us a booth...which is actually lucky for us, because now we can wander about all we want! Hah ha hah haaa!
Anyhow, like Jake said, the books are gonna disappear quickly, so if you want to buy one email me (deliciouschocolatepudding@yahoo.com) or jake (jakeness@gmail.com) post haste, so we can reserve you a copy.
Without further ado...the cover(s):


We stole the idea from Enrico Casarosa and Ronnie Del Carmen, who printed a cool sketchbook like this, where there are two "front sides" (and no "backsides" to the book...which, come to think of it, is weird for a book called Peep Show).

12 comments:

Claire Gordon said...

Yay! I'm definitely buying one. Congrats, guys!

Nick said...

you know we want one...i will add it to my collection of antz originals.

Jeremy Thompson said...

what's comic con?

Anthony Holden said...

It's where I con you into giving me money for a comic.

Josh H. Black said...

I'm liking the visual bites good marketing man! If I manage to keep any of the money I make this summer 5 bucks just might be coming your way

I am Chree-uz. said...

Dude I totally want one broseph

Ron Jensen said...

Excellent cover. Reminds me of all those awesome Eropian comics.

Give us the word when we can buy a copy.

Jeff Call said...

I have now officially purchased and read peep show cover to... middle and then cover to middle again... and if I had to describe it in three words it would be, "awesome", "entertaining" and...ummmm... "pulchritude" (which I know is a noun.)
BUY IT! BUY IT NOW!!!!!!

Jeff Call said...

Also, I hope you'll clear up the mystery of: (SPOILER)


Why Reggie's grandfather is George Washington Carver when Reggie is clearly a white boy?

Anthony Holden said...

Some mysteries will be cleared up in time, my son...

Anthony Holden said...

And I believe the word you were looking for is "pulchritudinous."

Jeff Call said...

Ah! Pulchritudinous! Thank you, sir.

The Illustrious and Illustrative Sketch Adventure Lifestyle of Anthony Holden. Cartoons, Sketches, Character Designs, Storyboards, Comics, Illustration, Animation, Silly thoughts, Intermittent Posting, and Arbitrary Capitalization by American animation artist, Anthony Holden. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
All content on this page copyright 2007-2011 Anthony L. Holden. Do not use without permission, except for purposes of review.